iPhoneer Blog

April 22, 2008

Windows Live Writer

I've write for some blogs, in english and spanish, in blogger and in proprietary servers, about technology, process and hobbies. So it's important for me to have a tool that allows and easy management of the different blogs. I've been using MacJournal, a Mac OS tool, but now I tried Windows Live Writer, a free Microsoft tool.

MacJournal allows to download and organize previous posts, allows to add tags compatible with Blogger, but those tags are not organized by blog, instead they are listed in a common list.

What I like about Windows Live Writer is the ping services, and that it downloads the blog style and you can locally see how the post will look alike once published. It also makes a more friendly management of tags, and picture publishing.

For now I will be using Windows Live Writer, did I mention it is free?

No comments: